New England Fish Chowder
|Halibut fillets||2 Pound|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pared potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs), cut|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Bacon slices||6 , chopped|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a large saucpan, place halibut, with 2 cups water and bring to boiling.
2) Lower the heat; cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with fork.
3) Remove fish; keep aside.
4) To fish broth, add 1 teaspoon salt and the potatoes; boil, covered, about 8 minutes, or until potatoes are almost tender.
5) Meanwhile, saute bacon until crisp; remove, and drain on paper towels.
6) Saute onion in bacon fat until tender, about 5 minutes.
7) Flake fish.
8) Add, along with bacon, onion, remaining salt, and rest of ingredients, to potatoes; slowly bring to boiling.
9) Lower the heat; without covering simmer for 15 minutes.
10) Pour the chowder into individual bowls and serve hot.