1. Rinse the turkey in cold water removing the neck and parts from both the chest and neck cavities.
2. Place on a cookie sheet and pat dry with paper towels. Now put on some food handling cloves.
3. Using a sanitized injector needle inject the bird. Wipe with alcohol then rinse it in very hot water before using.
4. Using the flavor injector, inject the bird about every 2 inches with the Chicken Stock
5. When Injecting press firmly on the plunger and slowly draw the injection needle out of the meat.
6. To season the bird rub olive oil all over the exterior of the turkey.
7. Lightly shake on some Garlic Powder followed by a fair amount of Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning.
8. Follow this up with a nice thin coating of black pepper.
9. Chop 2 to 3 cloves fresh garlic and rub the garlic on the bird.
10. Next give it another light coat of Mrs. Dash.
11. Refrigerate for an hour or so.
12. Bring Yoder YS640 up to 230 degrees. Drop the temp to 180 to 190 degrees. Smoke lower for the first hour for larger birds and 1.5 hours for smaller birds.
13. Once the smoker is up to temperature put the bird on the grate and get to smoking!
14. Don't forget to spray your grates down good with PAM.
15. Smoke the Turkey for one hour @ 180 - 190 degrees. Then Increase the temperature to 230 degrees.
16. Smoke for another 3.5 hours. Cooking time @ 225 is 30 minutes per pound so you with have to do some estimating based on the size of the Turkey and the average temp.
17. Once the Turkey reaches 155 degrees increase the cookers temperature to 300 degrees for approximately 1 hour.
18. Remove the birds when the internal temperature reaches 168 -170 degrees. This usually takes about 6 hours of cook time for a 12 lbs. bird @ 225 degrees.