|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Maple syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Pour milk into a double boiler top.
2) Take 1/4 cup water and soften gelatin in it.
3) Sprinkle gelatin over milk and bring mixture to a boil, stirring until gelatin dissolves completely.
4) Beat the egg yolks with salt.
5) Gradually stir in half the milk mixture.
6) Return mixture to the double boiler top and cook over simmering water until mixture coats spoon.
7) Remove from heat and stir in syrup.
8) Cool until partially thickened.
9) Whip syrup mixture until light and frothy.
10) Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
11) Beat into the maple mixture.
12) Pour into a mold and chill until firm.
13) Serve Maple Charlotte with whipped cream.