Beef Stewed In Red Wine
|Boneless chuck steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes|
|Turnip||1 Large, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Rutabaga||1 , cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Small white onions||1 Pound, peeled|
|Carrots||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Beef bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Dash|
1) Take a 3-quart glass or ceramic casserole and heat butter and oil in the microwave for 20 seconds.
2) Add beef, turnip, rutabaga, onions and carrots and cook in the microwave for 20 seconds till brown.
3) Remove and add flour, mix well and continue cooking in the microwave for another 2 minutes.
4) Now add bouillon, wine, Worcestershire sauce, peppercorns and bay leaves.
5) Cover the casserole with lid and cook on low heat in the microwave for 50 minutes.
6) Remove the vessel. Allow to stand overnight and reheat the next day.