Iowa Corn Chowder
|Bacon slices||4 , chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, pared and diced to make 2 cups|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||2 Pound (2 Cans Of 1 Pound Each)|
|Evaporated milk||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs) (1 Tall Can)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Heat a large stock pot or a heavy bottomed saucepan, over medium high heat.
2. Add bacon and sauté until crisp
3. When bacon is almost done, add onion and sauté together until onion is soft and translucent.
4. Tip in potatoes, 2 cups of water and stir in seasonings.
5. Simmer for 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
6. Stir in corn with liquid and evaporated milk and simmer until it reaches a boil.
7. In the mean time, blend flour with remaining 1/2 cup water
8. Stir it into chowder just before serving time.
9. Simmer, stirring constantly, until soup thickens.
10. Ladle soup into a soup bowls and serve.