Country Beef Stew
|Lean stewing steak||12 Ounce|
|Seasoned flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Carrots||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Stock/Water plus stock cube||3⁄4 Pint|
1) Clean meat and trim fat or gristle.
2) Cut meat into cubes and dredge in seasoned flour.
3) Preheat slow oven (355°F. - Gas Mark 3)
4) In a fry pan heat lard or dripping. Add meat and fry over high heat till brown on all sides.
5) Transfer into a casserole dish and stir in onions and carrots.
6) To the hot fat add 1 tablespoon of the seasoned flour in the pan.
7) Cook over moderate heat and stir well.
8) Stir in hot stock and boil stirring all the time.
9) Take the pan off heat and strain the mixture over casserole dish. Adjust seasoning.
10) Cover lid and place in the centre of a oven.
11) Cook for 2 1/2-3 hours till tender.
12) Pass with boiled or creamed potatoes and extra vegetable.