Vegan Fruited Pumpkin Bread with Walnut and Cranberry
|Pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs), pureed (canned)|
|Flour||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs) (mix of wheat flour and white flour)|
|Cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Flax seed meal||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Applesauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Avocado oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Take a 9" by 5" loaf pan and grease it with vegetable oil sprayed and set it aside. And pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a mixing bowl whisk flax seeds with water for a minute on a medium high speed. To this add apple sauce and sugar.
3. Add the pumpkin puree to this and mix it all together once again.
4. In a bowl mix the dry ingredients (such as whole wheat flour, white flour and the spices) separately to avoid clumping.
5. Now add the well mixed dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix the batter in a medium speed until smooth.
6. To this add walnuts and cranberries, and stir it until its well blended. Pour it into the greased loaf pan and smooth the surface out till its even.
7. Bake in a pre heated oven at 350 F for 70 - 75 minutes. Once done stick in a butter knife and check if it comes out clean, and if it does, the bread is done.
1. Serve warm