The Pumpkin Flax Bread is quick to make, there is no rising. It is full of fiber, omega-3's from the flax and walnuts, and some vitamin C from the fresh cranberries. The flax and the other rising ingredients (baking soda, baking powder, and salt) are used in lieu of the eggs to help provide the necessary leavening and moisture. The bread is very moist! Flax has many beneficial health properties too! You can add more sugar if you would like it sweeter, a touch of molasses, or increase the spices if you want a little more kick.
This video is a creation of ThatsVegetarian. You can visit ThatsVegetarian for complete recipes, and more videos.
1 Cup (16 tbs), pureed (canned)
1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs) (mix of wheat flour and white flour)
1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground
1 Teaspoon, ground
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Flax seed meal
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1. Take a 9" by 5" loaf pan and grease it with vegetable oil sprayed and set it aside. And pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a mixing bowl whisk flax seeds with water for a minute on a medium high speed. To this add apple sauce and sugar.
3. Add the pumpkin puree to this and mix it all together once again.
4. In a bowl mix the dry ingredients (such as whole wheat flour, white flour and the spices) separately to avoid clumping.
5. Now add the well mixed dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix the batter in a medium speed until smooth.
6. To this add walnuts and cranberries, and stir it until its well blended. Pour it into the greased loaf pan and smooth the surface out till its even.
7. Bake in a pre heated oven at 350 F for 70 - 75 minutes. Once done stick in a butter knife and check if it comes out clean, and if it does, the bread is done.
Don't be scared off by the vegan part. Vegan can taste great (especially in this recipe), unnecessary bad fats are left out and good veggie fats left in.
For all the vegans here is a video with a nice pumpkin flax cranberry walnut bread recipe, just perfect for a snack or a side dish. This recipe is simple like any other bread recipe and needs a little work but the end product is a soft and delicious bread!