Duncan Hines Mint Julep
|Bourbon whiskey||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mint leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Simple syrup||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ice||1 Cup (16 tbs), shaved|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine whiskey and whole mint and syrup and let stand for 2 hours.
2. Remove the mint and discard.
3. Rub the rim of julep glasses with lime or lemon and dip in powdered sugar.
4. Place the glasses in the chiller to chill and frost.
5. Add mint in julep cups and fill half full with cracked ice.
6. Pour in the sweetened liquor and fill more ice.
7. Decorate with a sprig of mint dusted with powdered sugar.
8. Serve with a stirrer.
Simple syrup is made by slowly cooking cane sugar and water until it becomes syrupy.
If you prefer, honey may be used instead to sweeten liquor.