Brown Beef Stew
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Beef drippings||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Bouillon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||3 , quartered|
|Carrots||6 Small, quartered|
|Green pepper||1 , cut in slices|
|Celery stalks||3 , cut into pieces|
|Potatoes||10 Ounce, drained|
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2. Cube the meat into 1 ½ inch cubes.
3. Dredge the meat with flour which is seasoned with pepper and alt.
4. Sear the meat with hot beef drippings.
5. Spray with sugar and brown it until the mixture turns dark.
6. Spread the meat to a large casserole.
7. Take a skillet and fry the onions and garlic in it using the same fat until it turns tender.
8. Combine the onions with meat, seasonings and bouillon.
9. Cover the meat mixture tightly and cook for about 1 ½ hours at 325° F.
10. Add vegetables like carrots, tomatoes, celery and green pepper and cook the mixture for about 40 minutes.
11. Add potatoes and cook for another 1o minutes until it gets nicely cooked.
12. Serve as required.