Pennsylvania Dutch Green Bean Salad
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green beans||1 Can (10 oz), cut (No. 303)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Fry bacon in skillet until crisp; drain and crumble.
2. Drain the dripping and reserve.
3. In the same pan, put in 1 tablespoon bacon drippings and brown onion lightly.
4. Pour in the cornstarch, mustard and salt.
5. Drain beans and set aside 1/2 cup liquid. Stir the reserved liquid into skillet. Cook while stirring, until the mixture boils.
6. Pour in the brown sugar and vinegar; add beans, heating thoroughly. Turn into serving dish; garnish with sliced egg.
7. Sprinkle bacon on top and serve