Healthy Apple Crisp with Maple Cream
|Packed brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whiskey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low fat mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pineapple juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fat free half and half||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ranch dressing mix||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Honey mustard||12 Ounce (1 Bottle)|
|Bacon pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced, cooked and diced if doing from scratch|
|Shredded cabbage||16 Ounce|
1. Grind 3 sheets of Graham Crackers.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Grease an 8x8 pan.
4. For the crumble: In a bowl, mix the ground graham crackers, 1 cup of oats, 1/3 cup chopped almonds, ¼ teaspoon salt, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ cup ground flax seed, 1 teaspoon maple extract and 1 stick of butter. Mix this crumble mixture.
5. For the apple base: Mix ¼ cup sugar, 2 ½ tablespoons of cornstarch, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
6. Add this base to the apples and mix.
7. Spread this base on a greased baking tray.
8. Add an even layer of the crumble mix on top of the apple base.
9. Add the roughly chopped almonds as garnish.
10. Pop this in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
11. For the maple sour cream: Mix a cup of light sour cream, ¾ cup of powdered sugar and ½ teaspoon maple extract.
12. Scope a generous serving on a plate, add a dollop of the maple sour cream and serve.
Calories 1120 Calories from Fat 299
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.7%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 40.9 mg13.6%
Sodium 3270.1 mg136.3%
Total Carbohydrates 171 g57.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 137.3 g
Protein 10 g20.9%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 105%
Calcium 16% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet