1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced, cooked and diced if doing from scratch
1. Grind 3 sheets of Graham Crackers.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Grease an 8x8 pan.
4. For the crumble: In a bowl, mix the ground graham crackers, 1 cup of oats, 1/3 cup chopped almonds, ¼ teaspoon salt, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ cup ground flax seed, 1 teaspoon maple extract and 1 stick of butter. Mix this crumble mixture.
5. For the apple base: Mix ¼ cup sugar, 2 ½ tablespoons of cornstarch, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
6. Add this base to the apples and mix.
7. Spread this base on a greased baking tray.
8. Add an even layer of the crumble mix on top of the apple base.
9. Add the roughly chopped almonds as garnish.
10. Pop this in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
11. For the maple sour cream: Mix a cup of light sour cream, ¾ cup of powdered sugar and ½ teaspoon maple extract.
12. Scope a generous serving on a plate, add a dollop of the maple sour cream and serve.
How often are you worried about using up the stock lying in the refrigerator before grocery shopping? The chef in the video has similar concern. She has some apples with her and wants to use them up into a glorious recipe. Watch the video to know how.