Tomato Aspic On Slaw
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||8 Ounce|
|Celery seed||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Cabbage||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded|
1. In a large bowl, tip in the 1/4 cup cold water and add gelatin and stir to dissolve. Then add 1 cup hot water.
2. Add lemon juice, tomato paste, vine- gar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and celery seed to taste. Pour into 6 individual molds and chill until set.
3. In a sauce- pan, mix in the egg, 1/2 cup water, mustard, and sugar, and vinegar, dash of salt, pepper and celery seed and mix well. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and set aside to cool.
4. Toss cabbage with dressing and arrange on individual salad plates.
5. Unmold the aspic and arrange on the slaw and serve cold