Best Shrimp Creole With Italian Dressing
|Whole peeled tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained and chopped (1 Can)|
|Lite italian dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, cut into chunks|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Uncooked medium shrimp||1 Pound|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. From the tomatoes discard 1/2 cup liquid.
2. In 1 1/2-quart microwave-safe casserole, microwave Italian dressing, green pepper and onion, covered, at High (full power) 4 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
3. Put in tomatoes with remaining liquid and microwave covered at High 5 minutes.
4. Put in shrimp and red pepper and microwave, covered, at High 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring once.
2. Into a medium skillet, heat Italian dressing and cook green pepper and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender.
3. Mix in tomatoes with liquid and let it simmer covered 15 minutes.
4. Put in shrimp and red pepper and simmer covered an additional 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
5. For serving arrange shrimp mixture over hot rice.