Southern Sweet Potato Casserole
|Sweet potatoes||6 Large, peeled (and)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||11 Tablespoon, divided|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Take a 4-quart stockpot or Dutch oven, add boiling salted water in small amount and sweet potatoes, cover and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes or till sweet potatoes turn tender.
3. Take a large bowl and transfer the drained and cooled sweet potatoes to it.
4. Stir in 3 tbsp butter and milk and using an electric mixer, beat under low speed till the mixture turns fluffy.
5. Continue beating, after adding cinnamon, vanilla, salt and egg.
6. Take a 3-quart casserole and apply grease and transfer the beaten mixture to it.
7. Take a medium sized bowl, add pecans, flour, coconut, melted butter and brown sugar and stir thoroughly to prepare the topping.
8. Spread topping on sweet potatoes evenly.
9. Bake for half an hour.
10. Serve hot.