Hawaiian Meatballs In Sweet And Sour Sauce
|Lean ground pork||1 Pound|
|Quick cooking oats||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped scallions||2 Tablespoon|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable cooking oil spray||1|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet pepper||1 Large, diced (Red Or Green)|
|Beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crushed unsweetened pineapple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
1. Take a bowl and mix ground pork, oats, ginger, scallions, egg white, and soy sauce properly.
2. Shape the mixture into 24 small meatballs using wet hand. The balls should be round in shape and 1 inch across.
3. Take vegetable oil and spray over rack on a baking try. Place the round meatballs on the rack and bake for 10 minutes or until browned from all sides. Turn the meatballs occasionally. Transfer the meatballs to a plate and keep aside.
4. Take a large nonstick skillet and heat the oil on medium heat.
5. Add the sweet pepper and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned and tender.
6. Add the stock, pineapple, and vinegar. Bring it to boil and simmer for 7 minutes or until thickened.
7. In a covered skillet, place the meatballs and simmer for 15 minutes or until properly cooked.
8. Season the meatballs with salt and pepper before serving.