Natural Cracker Jacks Popcorn
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roasted peanuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pumpkin seeds/Other nuts||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Optional)|
1. Let the honey and molasses cook to boil.
2. Let it simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Take care to observe the mixture as tends to boil over easily.
4. Spreading over the mixture of popcorn and peanuts (and anything else you might want to try) mix such that the popcorn is well-coated.
5. Let it cool.
6. This can be retained as a loose mix or shaped into balls as the mixture is still warm, although cooled enough to work with.
7. Make each ball after wetting your hands under cold water each time.
Calories 1119 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.9%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 114.5 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 214 g71.2%
Dietary Fiber 37.1 g148.3%
Sugars 17.7 g
Protein 33 g66.8%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 0.29%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 42.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet