Crispy Oatmeal Cookies
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Melted lard||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sour milk||6 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Quick cooking rolled oats||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F before baking.
2) Mix thoroughly all the ingredients in the order given and figure the dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter.
3) Place on greased cookie sheets and press each cookie with a wet spatula or the bottom of a glass dipped into water to flatten to 1/8 inch thickness.
4) Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven and let cool.
5) Keep in a tightly covered container.
6) Use as required.