Wild Rice Southern
|Wild rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shallots/3 small onions||6 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ham||2 Ounce, minced|
1. Wash the rice thoroughly in a colander and pick any unwanted grains
2. In a rice cooker or a double boiler, cook the rice in water for about 45 to 50 minutes or until it is tender.
3. Drain and refresh under cold water. Leave to drain.
4. In a skillet, melt the butter over a medium low flame and wait for it to stop frothing.
5. Add the shallots and garlic to the butter and sauté till soft.
6. Add ham to the skillet and sauté for about 5 minutes till shallots are lightly browned.
7. Add seasonings and herbs and mix well.
8. Finally tip in the rice and toss lightly, stirring to mix and until it is heated through.
9. Dish out on a rice platter or in a casserole and serve immediately while hot with a curry or stew.