Boston Cream Pie
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Royal)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Boiling milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Pre-heat the oven to moderate temperature.
2) In a saucepan, boil the milk and keep it aside.
3) Take 2 medium sized bowls. Whisk the egg yolks in one and stiffly beat the egg whites in another.
4) In a separate bowl, sift the flour with salt, sugar and baking powder for three to four times.
5) Transfer the whisked egg yolks to the bowl containing the egg whites.
6) Pour the egg mixture in to the flour. Then, add hot milk very slowly. Keep stirring as you pour the milk. Add vanilla and stir again.
7) Transfer the batter to a well greased, deep layer cake tin. Bake for 35 minutes.
8) Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
9) Then, split the cake horizontally into 2 layers.
10) Spread spread cream pilling in between the layers. Sandwich the layers back together.
11) Top the cake with powdered sugar.
12) Make slices and serve chilled.
You can split cake into several layers.