Oven Fried Catfish with Cajun Style Sauce
|Reduced fat mayonnaise||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Plain low fat yogurt/Sour cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Green onion with top||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed (Small Clove)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Italian style dry bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Catfish fillets||2 Pound (4-6 Fillets)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 (For Serving)|
1. To make the sauce, combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk lightly with a fork to blend well.
2. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
4. Lightly grease a baking sheet with oil.
5. In a shallow large dish, beat eggs.
6. On a plate or in a shallow dish spread out the bread crumbs and season them with salt.
7. To bread the fish fillets, dip them one at a time into egg.
8. Coat them evenly on both sides with bread crumbs
9. Arrange the fillets on baking sheet.
10. Drizzle a little oil over the breaded fillets.
11. Bake fish in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork.
12. Serve the fish fillets hot with a generous dollop of prepared sauce.
13. Accompany with lemon wedges if desired.