Boston Cream Pie
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon (Tartrate)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Grease a 9 inch layer cake tin with oil or unsalted butter. Dust the tin with flour.
3. Sift flour and measure. Sift again with salt and baking powder.
4. In another medium bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and creamy.
5. Gradually add egg and beat till well incorporated. If the mixture curdles, add a little flour.
6. Add the sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture. Do not overwork the batter.
7. Blend in the milk and the vanilla extract.
8. Pour the cake batter into the greased tin.
9. Use the back of the spoon to evenly spread and level the bather in the tin.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until the cake leaves the sides of the pan and is springy to touch.
11. Remove from oven and cool before inverting over a rack.
12. Cool completely before splitting into two.
13. Spread custard over one half and cover with the other.
14. Dredge with icing sugar and cut into slices.