Jalapeno Southern Fried Chicken
|Buttermilk||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced (Large Cloves)|
|Jalapeno peppers||2 Medium, minced|
|Chicken breast halves||6 Pound|
|Self rising flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Finely shredded orange peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Ground red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Jalapeno pepper slice||4|
1. Mix buttermilk with garlic and half of the minced jalapeno pepper.
2. Take a bowl, put chicken pieces in it and drizzle the buttermilk mixture on it.
3. Put the lid on and refrigerate the bowl for 11/2 – 2 hours.
4. Take a medium bowl and mix self-rising flour, orange peel, salt, basil and red pepper.
5. Take the chicken out and apply the flour mixture on the pieces.
6. Once coated, put the pieces on the waxed paper and leave it for 20 minutes.
7. Take a heavy 11/2 quart saucepan and heat butter in it.
8. Put the unused jalapeno pepper, mix well and cook for a minute.
9. Add honey and let it boil.
10. Once done, lower the flame and cook for 15 more minutes.
11. Turn the heat off and put the lid on.
12. Take a heavy 12 inch skillet, put ½- ¾ inch of cooking oil in it and heat to 375 degrees.
13. Put chicken, few pieces at time and fry until brown for 5-7 minutes.
14. Take the fried chicken out on paper towels.
15. Serve chicken topped with jalapeno slices along with jalapeno honey sauce.
Calories 730 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.6%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g45.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 227.6 mg75.9%
Sodium 777.7 mg32.4%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 87 g174%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 18.7%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet