Wisconsin Fish Fry
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt||3⁄4 Teaspoon (1/4 Teaspoon For Sprinkling On Fish)|
|Dried dill||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Beer||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peanut oil||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Fish fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound (Such As Lake Perch, Walleyed Pike, Northern Pike / Crappie)|
1. Preheat oven to 250° F.
2. Take a large bowl, add flour, ½ tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper and dill and stir well. Slowly add butter and egg yolks to the middle. Add beer and mix thoroughly. Keep aside for 3 minutes.
3. In a deep fryer or heavy large saucepan, heat oil to 375°F.
4. Whisk egg whites in a deep bowl to form fluffy.
5. Sprinkle dried fish fillets with pepper and salt.
6. Fold in egg whites to batter. Dip fish in batter and shake to remove excess batter.
7. Add fish to hot oil, in batches, and fry from 3 minutes, turning halfway though, to golden brown. With a slotted spatula, transfer fried fish to paper towels.
8. If desired, bake the fish in preheated oven to cook well.
9. Take out and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7569 Calories from Fat 6272
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 710 g1091.6%
Saturated Fat 124.4 g622%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 905.2 mg301.7%
Sodium 2211.3 mg92.1%
Total Carbohydrates 153 g51.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 154 g307%
Vitamin A 18.7% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 48% Iron 64.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet