Okra Seafood Gumbo
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||5 Dash|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen cut okra||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Frozen crabmeat||6 Ounce, undrained (1 Package)|
|Frozen cooked shrimp||12 Ounce (2 Package)|
|Oysters||1 Pint, drained|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take a 3-quart Dutch oven and heat oil in it.
2) Add flour to this, stirring constantly.
3) Stir constantly again and cook on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until the mixture attains the color of a copper penny.
4) Take a small skillet and melt butter in it.
5) Sauté onion and garlic in this and cook until tender.
6) Add this to the roux mixture and stir well.
7) Slowly add water, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, bay leaves, salt, and pepper to this and boil for 1 hour.
8) Stir in okra and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to separate okra.
9) Mix in seafood and cook this over medium heat for 5 minutes till the oysters curl at ends.
10) Serve on cooked rice.