Oven Beef Stew
|Boneless beef||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned whole tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Onions||2 Large, quartered|
|Rutabaga||1 Medium, peeled and cut into 8 wedges|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen cut green beans||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Follow manufacturer's directions and soak clay cooker in water.
2) In a skillet heat oil and fry meat till brown. Add the content into the cooker.
3) Mix tomatoes, onion, and rutabaga.
4) Season with salt, pepper, sugar, and thyme.
5) Cover cooker and put in a cold oven.
6) Bake at 400° for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
7) Add beans to it and bake covered for further 30 minutes.
8) Take out meat and vegetables from cooker.
9) With a slotted spoon arrange in a serving dish.
10) Shift meat drippings to a saucepan.
11) In a jar mix thoroughly flour and water. Close the lid tightly and shake well.
12) Into meat drippings stir in flour and cook on medium heat. Stir till thick.
13) Serve gravy on the serving platter over meat and vegetables.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2709 Calories from Fat 1218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 136 g209.5%
Saturated Fat 34.8 g173.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 394.6 mg131.5%
Sodium 3146.2 mg131.1%
Total Carbohydrates 168 g56.1%
Dietary Fiber 36.4 g145.7%
Sugars 59.4 g
Protein 201 g401.8%
Vitamin A 72.4% Vitamin C 332.6%
Calcium 66.7% Iron 172.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet