Grilled Iowa Pork Chops With Roasted Elephant Garlic
|Pork chops||60 Ounce, double-cut (6 Chops, 10 Ounce Each, 2 Inches Thick)|
|Canola oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Brush On Chops And Garlic)|
|Celery seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bay leaves||6 Large|
|Elephant garlic||12 Clove (60 gm)|
1. Brush oil on chops and sprinkle celery seed on chops. Arrange 1 bay leaf over each chop and keep aside.
2. Ignite charcoal grill and allow coals to ashen as two piles. If cob stems are used, sprinkle them on hot coals.
3. Place the chops in the middle of a greased grill rack and cook for 15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, to allow cooking by indirect heat.
4. Take one chop, slice and check if meat has lost the pink color.
5. Meanwhile, arrange garlic cloves brushed with oil around the grill’s outer edges and grill for 20 minutes, rotating once in 5 or 6 minutes.
6. Arrange 2 cloves alongside chop in each dish and serve.
1. Demonstrate how to squeeze garlic and top the chops.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3995 Calories from Fat 2394
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 268 g411.9%
Saturated Fat 59.4 g297.2%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 1173.8 mg391.3%
Sodium 941 mg39.2%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 353 g706.3%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 35.4%
Calcium 41.7% Iron 80.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet