|All pupose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||2 Large (at room temperature)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (at room temperature)|
|White sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (or up to 1 cup, depending on preference of sweetness)|
|Very ripe bananas||3 , peeled, mashed with fork|
1. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line the bottom of the pan with a long piece of parchment paper cut to size so that you have about a 1” overhang on both ends of the pan. Spray the parchment with more cooking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
3. Shake flour and baking soda through a fine sieve into a medium bowl. Then sprinkle the kosher salt on top. Mix well and set aside.
4. Whisk the eggs & vanilla together in a small bowl or cup and set aside.
5. Place the butter and sugar in a separate large mixing bowl and with an electric hand mixer, cream them together until light and fluffy. This is the most important step so make sure the sugar and butter is nicely incorporated, pale and fluffy.
6. Gradually pour the egg mixture while mixing until incorporated. Add the mashed bananas, mix slightly and then put away your electric mixer.
7. With a rubber spatula, gently fold in the flour mixture slowly until you cannot see any more flour in your batter, but do not over-mix.
8. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Place on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
9. Cover the top lightly with aluminum foil and continue to cook until set.
10. Let it cool on a wire rack until it is easy enough to remove from the pan, by lifting it up by the ends of the parchment paper.
11. Once completely cool, keep in an air-tight container for up to 3 days on your counter, not in the refrigerator.
12. Serve tasty banana bread with a cup of tea or coffee.
Calories 1232 Calories from Fat 458
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80%
Saturated Fat 30.8 g153.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 332.4 mg110.8%
Sodium 1237 mg51.5%
Total Carbohydrates 180 g60.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.7%
Sugars 97.8 g
Protein 17 g34.7%
Vitamin A 35.3% Vitamin C 26.1%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 29.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet