Royal Philadelphia Cinnamon Buns
|Flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Baking powder||8 Teaspoon (Royal)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seeded raisins||8 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Sieve in flour with 4 tbsp measured sugar, baking powder and salt. Using the finger rub in the shortening gently. Add beaten eggs-water mixture to the flour mixture and make a soft dough.
3. Transfer to a floured board to be rolled out to ¼ inch thick. Apply melted butter to the rolls and sprinkle raisins, cinnamon and sugar on them. Roll in a jelly roll fashion.
4. Take an iron baking pan or iron skillet and spread a mixture of 4 tbsp shortening creamed and 4 tbsp brown sugar on to the sides and bottom.
5. Divide the dough into two inch pieces. Arrange the pieces on the pan with cut edges facing upwards.
6. Stand for 15 minutes and bake for 25 minutes.
7. Take out from oven, invert onto a serving plate and serve.