Southern Scallops In Lemon Butter Sauce
|Bay scallops||1 Pound (Fresh / Frozen)|
|Unsalted butter||7 Tablespoon, divided|
|Cajun creole seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced green onions||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Snipped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot cooked rice/Crusty french bread||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) If using frozen scallops, thaw them.
2) Take a 12 inch skillet and place it on medium heat. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in it.
3) Move the skillet away for heat. Stir in scallops and cost evenly with butter.
4) Next, take Cajun seasoning and drizzle over the scallops. Stir to coat it evenly over scallops.
5) Place the skillet over medium-high heat and cook scallops for about 2 minutes, until they are smoky.
6) Remove skillet from heat. Using a slotted spoon, take out scallops and put aside.
7) Put 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet and place skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions and mushrooms and cook for about 4-5 minutes, until they are tender.
8) Once done, remove mushrooms and onions, with a slotted spoon and put aside.
9) Now, put the skillet over high heat and pour chicken broth and lemon juice in it. Scrape off the bottom of skillet to remove any residue.
10) Allow the broth mixture to boil for about 3 minutes.
11) Take the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and cut it into small cubes. Put the cubes in broth mixture, couple of pieces at a time, and blend well so that the butter melts, and cook for about a minute until the sauce is smooth.
12) To this sauce, add reserved vegetables, reserved scallops and parsley.
13) Bring the mixture to a boil and remove from heat.
14) Serve hot with rice or French bread.