Southern Cracklin' Cornbread
|Cornmeal||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Buttermilk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Bacon drippings||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cracklings||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Mix cornmeal, soda and salt.
3. Put eggs and buttermilk and stir well.
4. Take a 13x9x2inch baking pan and heat bacon drippings in it.
5. Once hot, pour the drippings and cracklings in the batter prepared.
6. Stir well.
7. Pour batter in the baking pan and put in the oven for baking for 25 minutes.
8. Slice in square pieces and serve.