Easy Boston Baked Beans Casserole
|Dried navy beans||1 1⁄2 Pound, soaked overnight and drained|
|Lean bacon||1 Pound, cut into two pieces|
|Bacon bones||8 Ounce|
|Dry mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 300°F, Gas Mark 2.
2) Take a saucepan and add the beans with fresh water and allow boiling.
3) Boil for about 1 hour and drain the excess water but saving it for later use.
4) Cut the rind of both the bacon pieces.
5) Take a large casserole and place one piece in the bottom of it and add the beans and bacon bones.
6) Cover the second bacon piece in the beans so that the rind is just seen.
7) Mix in the molasses, mustard, onions and seasoning into the saved bean cooking liquid and transfer to the casserole.
8) If required add more boiling water so that the beans get covered.
9) Cover the casserole with a lid and bake in the oven for 6 hours.
10) Boiling water needs to be added as and when required so that the beans are kept covered.
11) Remove the lid of the casserole for the last hour of cooking and toss the pork to the surface.
12) Serve hot.