Creole Beans and Rice
|Dried red beans||1 Pound|
|Salt pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped onions||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Pound, chopped (1 Bunch)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed|
|Red pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot sauce||3 Dash|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomato sauce||8 Ounce (8 Can)|
|Dried whole oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mettwurst/Other smoked german sausage||2 Pound, cut into bite-size pieces|
1) Prepare the beans by sorting and washing.
2) In a Dutch oven, place the beans.
3) Pour enough water to cover the beans for soaking overnight.
4) Drain excess water.
5) Place pork inside the Dutch oven. Pour water to cover beans.
6) Cover with a lid and place over low heat to cook for 45 minutes.
7) Add all other ingredients leaving sausage and rice.
8) Cover with the lid and reduce heat to low.
9) Cook for another hour by occasional stirring.
10) Add sausage and cook over low heat for 45 minutes without the lid and by occasional stirring.
11) Serve the creole beans over warm rice.