Boston Cream Pie With Shiny Chocolate Glaze
|Unsalted butter||175 Gram, softened|
|Golden caster sugar||175 Gram|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Self raising flour||175 Gram|
|For cream filling|
|Caster sugar||25 Gram|
|For shiny chocolate glaze|
|Butter||50 Gram, cut into cubes|
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree C
2. Line with grease proof paper and grease an 18cm loose-based cake tin.
3. In a saucepan, heat the milk and cream to scalding point.
4. In a bowl, mix the egg, sugar and flour.
5. Pour in the milk a little at a time, whisking continuously until there are no lumps.
6. Pour batter back into saucepan and stir continuously over a medium flame until thick.
7. Stir in the vanilla.
8. Cover the pan with cling film and place in the refrigerator to chill.
9. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the cake ingredients.
10. Beat using an electric hand beater or wire whisk into a smooth batter.
11. Pour batter into prepared cake tin and spread evenly.
12. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until well risen and springy to touch.
13. Remove from oven and cool in tin for 5 minutes before inverting on a wire rack and peeling the lining paper. Cool completely
14. Slice cake horizontally into half by standing on a cake stand and using a bread knife.
15. Sandwich the cake halves together with the cream
16. Make the icing by melting the chocolate in 125ml water until the mixture is smooth, beat in the butter.
17. Place the cake on a pastry stand or on serving platter.
18. Pour the chocolate glaze on top and let it run down the sides.