|Canned tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Green peppers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a pan, heat oil.
2. Add onions and fry it till it becomes light brown in colour.
3. Add all the ingredients except flour and water.
4. Cover and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
5. In a bowl, take flour and water and blend it into a smooth paste.
6. Stir into the tomato mixture.
7. Cook it stirring continuously until it thickens.
8. Remove clove and bay leaf and cook for a few more minutes.
9. Serve Creole Sauce with croquettes, vegetables or cutlets.