|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon (2 Package)|
|All purpose flour||5 3⁄4 Cup (92 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dark molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Grease two 9 inch x 5 inch x 3inch loaf pans with oil or butter
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, 20 minutes before baking time.
3. In large basin combine yeast and 3 cups flour.
4. In a sauce pan, bring water to boil
5. Gradually stir cornmeal into boiling water.
6. Then stir in molasses, shortening, and salt.
7. Take pan off the heat and cool to lukewarm.
8. Combine cornmeal mixture with flour.
9. Stir in the eggs.
10. Using an electric blender beat the mixture until all ingredients bind into dough.
11. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface.
12. Using your palm, knead into a soft elastic dough, adding a little flour if its too sticky or adding water if too stiff.
13. Return to a greased bowl.
14. Cover with kitchen towel and place in a warm place to ferment for 1 ½ hours until doubled in size.
15. Knock put air with your fist
16. Divide dough in half.
17. Shape into loaves and fit into loaf pans.
18. Cover pans and prove for 45 to 60 minutes until well risen.
19. Brush with melted butter
20. Bake on middle level of preheated oven for 40 minutes until risen and crust is golden brown
21. Remove and rest in pans for 15 minutes then turn out on wire racks and cool.
22. Slice and serve with stew .