Date Apple Waldorf
|Diced unpeeled apple||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pitted dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), snipped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frozen whipped dessert topping||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), thawed|
1. Peel orange; segment over a bowl to catch juices.
2. Use a small paring knife to halve the segments and discard the pips.
3. Reserve 1 tablespoon of juice.
4. In a large bowl combine apple, dates, celery, walnuts, and orange segments.
5. In another mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, and reserved orange juice.
6. Fold the thawed dessert topping into the mayonnaise.
7. Pour dressing over the fruits and nuts and gently fold to combine.
8. On a salad plate, place crisp lettuce cups.
9. Spoon the salad into the cups.
10. Serve immediately.