Red Hot Slaw
|Red cabbage||1⁄2 Small|
|Red skinned apples||2|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1 Medium|
|Reduced fat cheddar cheese||3 1⁄2 Ounce, grated (100 Gram)|
|Red chili strips||2|
|Reduced calorie mayonnaise||3 Tablespoon|
|Low fat natural yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
1) Halve, core and finely shred the red cabbage. Peel and roughly grate or finely shred the carrot.
2) In a large bowl, combine the red cabbage and the carrot.
3) Core and dice the apples, toss in the lemon juice and stir into the cabbage and carrot.
4) Peel the onion and finely shred or grate . Then stir into the cabbage mixture alongwith the cheese.
5) In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, garlic, paprika and chilli powder and season well.
6) Toss the vegetables in the dressing and mix well. Cover and place in the refrigerator for an hour.
7) Garnish with red chilli and carrot strips and serve.