Rich Shrimp Creole
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finley chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finley chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper sauce||1 Dash|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound, deveined|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a microwaveable casserole combine onion, green pepper, celery, garlic and butter.
2. Microwave at HIGH for 5 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes until onion is soft and translucent.
3. Stir in cornstarch, stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and red pepper sauce to make a sauce.
4. Cover dish with lid or cling film.
5. Microwave at HIGH for 6 to 7 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes until the sauce is thick.
6. Add shrimp to the sauce and stir well.
7. Cover the dish again and microwave at HIGH for 2 minutes.
8. Serve shrimps and sauce over rice.