Creole Hot Chocolate
|Unsweetened chocolate square||3 Ounce, chopped|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Sweetened whipped cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
1) Take a deep casserole or bowl measuring 3 quarts and add chocolate and sugar along with nutmeg and a spoon of cinnamon, stirring to mix properly.
2) Place the bowl or casserole within the Microwave and set it to HIGH for 5-6 minutes or until the chocolate melts completely.
3) Add milk bit by bit. Stir well.
4) Cover the bowl with heavy duty plastic and microwave again on HIGH for 8-9 minutes or until the contents are heated thoroughly.
5) Take a rotary beater and beat the chocolate until it becomes foamy.
6) Ladle it into mugs and serve after adding whipped cream and cinnamon on top.