Mississippi Mocha Mud
|Pecans||2 Cup (32 tbs), finley chopped|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Instant coffee crystals||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||4 Ounce|
|Strong coffee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coffee ice cream||1 Quart|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Grease a square 8-inch baking dish with butter.
3. In a small bowl, mix pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, coffee crystals and melted butter.
4. Turn mixture into baking dish and press to layer the bottem.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
6. Remove dish from oven and cool completely.
7. In a small heavy bottomed saucepan, combine chocolate and strong coffee.
8. Melt chocolate on low flame, stirring constantly.
9. Add sugar to sauce and stir until it dissolves.
10. Cool sauce.
11. Soften ice cream by removing to room temperature for 5 minutes.
12. Use a spatula to spread ice cream over the pecan crust. Smoothen the top.
13. Pour cooled chocolate sauce over ice-cream layer.
14. Freeze overnight or for 8 hours before serving.
15. Cut into squares and serve immediately.