American Cream Of Tomato Soup
|Canned tomatoes||20 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 Medium, grated|
|Carrot||1 , grated|
|Celery leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Medium white sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mild cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
1) Boil the tomatoes, grated onion, carrot and chopped celery leaves together with sugar, cloves and basil for 25 minutes.
2) Strain the mixture by forcing it through a sieve.
3) Add medium white sauce and grated mild cheese to it.
4) Add salt and pepper to taste.
5) Warm the soup by replacing it over heat and beating it frequently with the aid of a hand beater.
6) Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top.
Calories 323 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.9%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.3 mg13.8%
Sodium 896.3 mg37.3%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.8%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 15 g30.3%
Vitamin A 83.8% Vitamin C 32.4%
Calcium 43.5% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet