American Cream Of Tomato Soup
|Canned tomatoes||20 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 Medium, grated|
|Carrot||1 , grated|
|Celery leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Medium white sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mild cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
1) Boil the tomatoes, grated onion, carrot and chopped celery leaves together with sugar, cloves and basil for 25 minutes.
2) Strain the mixture by forcing it through a sieve.
3) Add medium white sauce and grated mild cheese to it.
4) Add salt and pepper to taste.
5) Warm the soup by replacing it over heat and beating it frequently with the aid of a hand beater.
6) Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top.