How to prepare fish Escabeche from Puerto Rico
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||7 Clove (35 gm)|
|Red bell peppers||4 Ounce|
|Spanish green olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apple cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For fish seasoning|
|Kingfish fillets||1 Pound (4 fillets)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. In a large pot, pour in the corn oil.
2. Add in the onion and garlic and sauté for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in the Spanish olives, red bell peppers, bay leaves, salt and peppercorn.
4. Pour in the olive oil and give a stir to the mixture. Followed by vinegar and mix thoroughly. Simmer for 45 minutes on medium heat.
5. Recipe follows.
1. Place kingfish in a plate and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice on both sides. Let it marinate for 30 minutes.
2. In a pan, heat oil and add in the fish one by one and deep fry from both sides.
3. Marinade fish in escabeche for 2 hours.
4. Serve Fish with Escabeche.
Calories 859 Calories from Fat 632
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118.8%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3194.5 mg133.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g13%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 25 g50.7%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 88.8%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet