Betty's Version of Rebecca Ruth Bourbon Balls
|Confectioners sugar||1 Pound (box)|
|Melted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bourbon whiskey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||6 Ounce|
|Pecan halves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed for topping)|
1. Line a pan with wax paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine confectioner's sugar, melted butter, and bourbon whisky. Stir until smooth. Refrigerate for about ½ hour or until workable.
3. With your hands, pinch off about a rounded teaspoonful of cold mixture and roll it into a ball.
4. Place the ball on lined pan, and continue making the balls until all of the mixture is used.
5. Place the pan in the refrigerator or freezer, until balls are very cold, but not frozen.
6. In a double boiler, melt semisweet chocolate chips.
7. With the help of toothpick, dip each ball into the melted chocolate. Swirl to coat well and quickly place it back on the lined pan.
8. Place a pecan half on top of the chocolate dipped bourbon ball and press to set. Repeat for the remaining balls.
9. Serve and enjoy!
You can place them in the refrigerator or freezer for long-term storage. You can also place these in a decorative tin.
Calories 388 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.2 mg7.7%
Sodium 45.2 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.31 g1.2%
Sugars 50 g
Protein 0.94 g1.9%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 0.5% Iron 0.48%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet