In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make her version of Rebecca Ruth Bourbon Balls. Rebecca Ruth is a candy-making company in Kentucky, and they are well-known for their delicious bourbon balls. You can buy their products on the internet at rebeccaruth (dot) com, but you can also make similar, inexpensive bourbon balls at home from this recipe.
1 Pound (box)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Semisweet chocolate chips
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed for topping)
1. Line a pan with wax paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine confectioner's sugar, melted butter, and bourbon whisky. Stir until smooth. Refrigerate for about ½ hour or until workable.
3. With your hands, pinch off about a rounded teaspoonful of cold mixture and roll it into a ball.
4. Place the ball on lined pan, and continue making the balls until all of the mixture is used.
5. Place the pan in the refrigerator or freezer, until balls are very cold, but not frozen.
6. In a double boiler, melt semisweet chocolate chips.
7. With the help of toothpick, dip each ball into the melted chocolate. Swirl to coat well and quickly place it back on the lined pan.
8. Place a pecan half on top of the chocolate dipped bourbon ball and press to set. Repeat for the remaining balls.
9. Serve and enjoy!
You can place them in the refrigerator or freezer for long-term storage. You can also place these in a decorative tin.
If you always wanted to make bourbon balls just like the way Rebecca Ruth, here's you chance to learn. In this video, Betty presents her own version of Rebecca Ruth bourbon balls. Delicious, easy and extremely mouth-watering, even you too can make bourbon balls just like the confectioner king Rebecca Ruth by encapsulating this recipe.