Quick Gluten Free Ideas For Home Cooking
|For soft cheese & pepperdew toasties with spinach & poached egg|
|Gluten free bread slice||4|
|Cream cheese||200 Gram|
|Strong cheddar cheese||100 Gram, grated|
|English mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepperdew peppers||5 , finely chopped|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Spinach leaves||50 Gram|
|For bramley apple caramel tea cakes|
|Tea cakes||2 Pound, halved (warburton’s)|
|Castor sugar||100 Gram|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pecan nuts||50 Gram|
|Double cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Bramley apple||2 Large, chopped|
|Castor sugar||75 Gram|
|Lemon||1 , juice and zest|
FOR SOFT CHEESE & PEPPERDEW TOASTIES WITH SPINACH & POACHED EGG
1. In a bowl, place the cream cheese, Cheddar, mustard, peppers, salt and pepper, and mix well.
2. Add the egg yolks and mix again.
3. Toast one side of the bread on medium heat.
4. Spread the prepared mixture, on the untoasted side of the bread slices.
5. On a baking tray, arrange the slices, grill on moderate heat, until it turns light golden brown.
7.Serve the toasts topped with a little fresh spinach and a soft poached egg.
FOR BRAMLEY APPLE CARAMEL TEA CAKES
1. In a pan, place sugar, add water (1/4 cup), simmer until the sugar caramelizes.
2. Add pecan nuts and cook for 15 seconds.
3. Add water (50 ml) and re-boil, add double cream, allow to cool.
4. In another skillet, place apple, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice and cook for 10 minutes, until it turns pulpy.
5. Lightly toast or bake the tea cakes halves.
6. Top the tea cakes with the warm apple compote and spoon over the pecan caramel syrup.