Ramona Werst shares her recipe for Real Texas Risotto and shows how to make it.
Hot chicken stock
5 1⁄2 Cup (88 tbs), divided
2 Tablespoon, divided
2 Tablespoon, finely chopped
To Taste, divided
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Teaspoon, minced
1 Tablespoon, chopped
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Grease a baking sheet with oil spray and place jalapeno over it. Spray the jalapeno.
2. Place in the oven for broiling until skin is light dark.
3. Take out the jalapeno from the oven and wrap in a kitchen towel. Place in a Ziploc bag for a few minutes.
4. Take out the jalapeno and peel. Finely slice with a sharp knife and set aside.
5. In a deep pan, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil and add in the shallot and season with salt. Sauté for 3 – 5 minutes on medium – high heat.
6. Pour in 1/4th cup of chicken stock and stir until all the stock is evaporated.
7. Add in the Arborio rice and sauté for a few seconds.
8. Add in the garlic and jalapeno. Sauté for 30 seconds.
9. Pour in the dry vermouth and sauté until evaporated.
10. Add in 2 ladle of chicken stock and cook until all the liquid is evaporated. Add in the remaining stock in 3 batches and repeat the process, stirring the risotto frequently.
11. Season the risotto with salt if needed. Pour in 1/4th cup of stock and turn off the stove. While stirring continuously drizzle in the remaining olive oil. Cover the pan and let it rest for 1 – 2 minutes.
12. Garnish the risotto with roasted jalapeno, cha – cha sauce and toasted pecans.