|Milk||8 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter)|
|Butter||1 Ounce, melted (30 Gram)|
|Plain flour||3 Ounce (85 Gram)|
|Chives sprig||1 Small|
|Parsley sprig||1 Small|
|Tarragon sprig||1 Small|
|Dill sprig||1 Small|
1. Preheat a 425°F/220°C/Gas 7 oven. Grease 12 small ramekins or individual baking cups.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the eggs until blended. Beat in the milk and melted butter.
3. Sift together the flour and salt, then beat into the egg mixture to combine thoroughly.
4. Strip the herb leaves from the stems and chop finely. Mix together and measure out 2 tablespoons. Stir the herbs into the batter.
5. Fill the prepared cups half-full.
6. Bake until golden, 25—30 minutes. Do not open the oven door during baking time or the popovers may collapse. For drier popovers, pierce each one with a knife after the 30 minute baking time and bake for 5 minutes more. Serve hot.