Baked Chicken Maryland
|Frying chickens||5 Pound (2 Whole, 2 1/2 Pound Each)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarse bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Gravy||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Start oven, set at 350° F., or Moderate. Grease a large baking pan or casserole.
2. Disjoint the cleaned, dressed chickens, cut in pieces for serving, wash and dry.
3. Mix the flour, salt and pepper and roll the chicken in it. Dip each piece in the egg beaten slightly with the water and roll each in the crumbs. Place in the pan or casserole.
4. Bake, uncovered about 45 minutes or until tender, basting occasionally with the mixture of the butter or margarine, lemon juice and water.
5. Remove to a hot serving dish. Make a Cream Gravy in the drippings in the pan.
Calories 700 Calories from Fat 360
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.8%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 238.7 mg79.6%
Sodium 649.4 mg27.1%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g2.8%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 61 g122.5%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 0.48%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet