In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make her "To Die For" Lemon Meringue Pie. This is the quintessential Southern version of homemade lemon meringue pie. It is a beautiful pie, and the taste is out of this world!
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
9-inch pie crusts
1 , baked (Betty's Super Easy Press-in-Pan Pie Crust)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
2. On top of a double boiler, combine egg yolks, water, lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch. Mix well.
3. Bring water to a boil in double boiler; reduce heat, and cook egg mixture over hot water, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in butter, white vinegar, and lemon extract. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated into the pie filling.
5. Pour immediately into baked 9-inch pie crust, and smooth out the top with the back of a spoon.
6. Spread meringue over warm filling, sealing to edge of pie crust.
7. Pop it in oven and bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool before serving.
8. Cut in wedges and serve.
Pour little bit of food coloring if desired in the filling.
If you're looking for a delectable and dainty-looking pie dish to adorn your summer buffet table, this lemony-sweet pie adorned with soft meringue peaks will surely floor you and your guests. This flavorful lime pie is a doddle to make, as Betty shows in this video. All you have to do is gather up all the ingredients and get making this treat at home. This video will help you pull of this dessert with panache.