Boston Cream Pie
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Pastry cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate glaze||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 8-inch round cake pans. Line bottoms with waxed paper; grease and flour cake pans.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat eggs until light and tripled in volume, about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine water and butter; heat to boiling. Remove from heat; add the vanilla.
4. With mixer at high speed, gradually add sugar to eggs. Beat until thick and lemon-colored and mixture forms ribbon when beaters are lifted, 5 to 8 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. In two additions, fold in flour mixture just until blended. Pour in water mixture; stir gently until blended.
5. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Run thin knife around layers to loosen from sides of pans. Invert onto wire racks. Remove waxed paper; cool completely.
6. Meanwhile, prepare Pastry Cream.
7. When cake is cool, prepare Chocolate Glaze.
8. Place one cake layer, rounded side down, on cake plate; top with pastry cream. Top with second cake layer, rounded side up. Pour glaze over top. With narrow metal spatula, spread glaze evenly to edge, allowing it to drip down side of cake. Let glaze set.