This yummy American recipe can be served as main dish and I am sure it will become your favorite dish.
1 3⁄4 Pound
Country style pork ribs
2 1⁄4 Pound (bone-in)
Pan searing flour
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Wegmans)
4 Ounce, dice
8 Ounce (chopped celery, onion and carrots, Food You Feel Good About)
2 Tablespoon, chop (Food You Feel Good About)
1 Tablespoon, chop
Dry white wine
1 Cup (16 tbs)
56 Ounce (Italian Classics Crushed Tomatoes with Italian Herbs 2 cans)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Food You Feel Good About Beef Culinary Stock)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Dice the bacon, chop the fresh oregano and fresh basil, chop the garlic, set aside.
3. Dust all meat with pan-searing flour; pat off excess.
4. Cook bacon in large braising pan or roasting pan on medium heat for, 3-5 minutes, until brown and crisp, remove bacon, set aside.
5. Brown meat lightly on all sides in bacon drippings for 5-8 minutes, remove meat, set aside.
6. Add vegetables and garlic to pan; cook, stirring for 3-5 min minutes or until brown. Stir in oregano, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
7. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits on bottom of pan. Cook 3-5 min to slightly reduce to syrupy consistency.
8. Add tomatoes and stock; return meat and bacon to pan.
9. Bring to simmer; cover. Place pan on center rack of oven you can place baking sheet under pan to catch over spill, braise for 1 1/2 hours.
10. Take braising pan out of oven. Remove shank and ribs.
11. Flake meat off bones using a tong, return meat to pan.
12. Add milk and basil and simmer 15 min.
13. Serve the meat sauce along with rigatoni pasta and sprinkle some pecorino romano cheese on top.